Although massage might sound like an extravagance, it’s indeed a cost-effective approach to good health. Massage can cost less than other therapies while often being just as effective. Also, it can help you avoid other expensive treatments such as prescription medications and surgery. If you are experiencing chronic back pain or have sustained an injury, contact Alive Chiropractic, and we’ll help you determine whether remedial massage may be right for you.
Any massage is wonderfully relaxing but remedial massage offers additional benefits. If you are suffering from any of the following problems, remedial massage may help.
- Chronic pain. Chronic pain conditions such as arthritis and fibromyalgia are often helped by remedial massage, which relaxes muscles, relieves stress, improves sleep, and increase serotonin – all of which help reduce pain.
- Muscle soreness in athletes. For athletes or those who engage in strenuous workouts, remedial massage could help shorten recovery times and relieve cramping and spasms in overused muscles.
- Post-surgical issues. Remedial massage may be able to help a range of post-surgical problems such as adhesions, oedema (swelling), and scarring.
These are just a few of the problems remedial massage can address.
By following a few simple tips, you can be fully prepared for your massage appointments and be sure to get the most value from your treatments.
- Find the right sports massage therapist in Emerald. At Alive Chiropractic, we have 30 years’ experience providing massage, chiropractic, and osteopathic treatments to thousands of Queensland patients.
- Gather the information your therapist will need. Arrive prepared with your family medical history, details on the specific problem you are experiencing, any medications you take and allergy you have, and any questions you want to remember to ask.
- Drink plenty of water. Massage can break up knots in your muscles and release toxins, which sometimes makes patients feel nauseous or fatigued temporarily. Being well-hydrated can help minimise these symptoms.
- Take a warm shower. Taking a warm shower will help loosen your muscles and help you feel relaxed, both of which will help you get the most from your massage.
Helping Families in the
Central Highlands Since 1989
You may have enjoyed some massage therapy in the past, but have you tried an Emerald remedial massage? Remedial massage closely related to modalities such as chiropractic and osteopathy, although it does still provide some relaxation benefits. This therapy is used to assess and treat the body’s muscles and connective tissues to assist with rehabilitation and pain management. Its purpose is to create a favourable environment in the body so that it can focus on healing itself and returning to normal health. The goal of treatment is essentially to reverse the effects of the physical injury from which the patient is suffering. At Alive Chiropractic, we offer remedial massage along with chiropractic, osteopathy, and other therapies in the Emerald area.
At Alive Chiropractic, we offer a range of therapies designed to help patients of all ages recover from injuries and other health conditions and feel their best. Here are a few of the reasons you can trust Alive Chiropractic when it comes to your chiropractic and massage treatments.
- Experience. We have 30+ years in the industry and have learned a lot about providing competent and compassionate care.
- Continuing improvement. We stay on top of the latest developments in chiropractic and remedial massage and continuously strive for improvement.
- Commitment. We are 100% committed to helping families achieve their full health potential.
- Excellent service. Our staff has been handpicked for their experience, knowledge, and passion for holistic healthcare.
- Patient education. We focus on educating our patients whenever we can about taking charge of their health and practising good habits outside our office to foster optimal overall well-being.
Like other types of massage, remedial massage can provide excellent relaxation benefits, but it also does a lot more. Here are a few of the distinct advantages of remedial massage.
- Stress reduction. Remedial massage may also help with stress reduction by affecting neurohormones that regulate emotion and behaviour including decreasing cortisol and elevating endorphins.
- Enhanced immunity. By stimulating cells that naturally fight off infection, improving lymphatic drainage, and lowering inflammation, remedial massage may be able to help your immune system stay strong.
- Better posture. Many people spend most of the day sitting, which can lead to postural issues involving the neck, shoulders, and back. Remedial massage can play a role in correcting these issues.
- Improved joint flexibility and mobility. Remedial massage can help correct the stiffness and reduced movement that often accompany chronic pain conditions and disabilities.
- Better sleep. Most people today do not get enough sleep. Remedial massage relaxes the body and mind, reduces stress, and improves circulation, all of which can lead to better sleep.